March, Disability Awareness Month

I truly believe God gave me CP for many reasons.  I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I didn’t have this condition and I know I wouldn’t be as nearly close to God.  I have always tried to look at CP as a blessing rather than a burden.  I know we all have rough days; your coffee spills, you get stuck in traffic, your phone dies before you get home.  My rough days are “different”, simpler yet not understood by most people.  My rough days are when I can’t get my arms to stay still for a second, when my neck spazzes and I can’t speak a word, when my head won’t stop moving  so I can focus on reading something, and when my fingers cut themselves out of nowhere.  I make the most out of every day, especially the rough ones.  I can’t get myself dressed, I can’t feed myself, I can’t go the bathroom by myself.  I would not change anything in my life; it’s pretty great to me. I have people who care for me, a power chair acting as my legs and I serve a God who loves me.  There’s no cure for CP at this point in time.  If I could start my life over, I wouldn’t change a thing.  CP has made me a better person.  I appreciate the good days I have and the little things in life that most people take for granted.  I have been faced with many challenges but every challenge brings an opportunity.  I choose to look at CP as an opportunity to make an impact in this world.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Greatness In God's Miracles

The Month Of March...